AMY update #5
AMY v0.7 was released today. You’ll find list of changes below.
This release contains surprisingly few changes, and the development seemed slowed a little, but that’s not a bad thing: Greg’s moving to Europe with his family and I’m going from time to time on 2-day trips (Wrocław tomorrow)
This time I start with bug fixes.
- Check if event’s starting date is earlier than it’s ending date.
- Ensure event’s administrative fee and event’s attendance are both non-negative numbers.
This release was themed “fixing host/site/organizer representation in the database”, and I claim success!
The change was rather significant and required me confirming ideas with Software-Carpentry administrators and Steering Committee.
- Rename “Site” to “Host”
- Previously event’s host was incorrectly named “site” (ie. location).
- Rename “organizer” to “administrator”
Event.organizerfield was mostly unused and no-one knew it’s real purpose. By changing it to “administrator” we now have a place for our administrators to mark events they’re working on.
- Filter by administrators on the “All Events” page
- We can filter by Host, we can now also by administrator.
- More location fields for
- Workshops that have a public website (most of our workshops does) contain standardized location data we didn’t previously collect. This was required by some other features.
- Additional field we didn’t collect in the past.
- Faster testing
- I switched the Travis-CI server to use fast Linux Containers. Testing time dropped from 1.5min to 45s.
- Enhanced filtering
- It’s possible to select multiple countries and preferable gender on “Find Instructors” page.
- Lookup instructors closest to the event’s location
- From event’s details page administrators can quickly go to “Find Instructors” and search by latitude/longitude.
- “Update from URL” functionality
- This works in a similar way to “Import from URL” from v0.6.
Plans for v0.8
Greg wants v0.8 to store demands for Instructor Training in AMY.