AMY release v1.5.1
Since my comeback to university for MSc, the development of AMY slowed down. This past month we had a number of submissions from prospect GSOC’16 students (yay!) and, for the first time, number of bugs fixed exceeded number of new enhancements.
Since the number of new features is small, I decided to release a minor version (v1.5.1).
Contributions by GSOC students
March 2016 held GSOC’16 applications period for students. We had a lot of students this year and we encouraged them to take a look at AMY and maybe fix something. This resulted in a number of good contributions.
Starting with new features since there’s so few of them:
- Greg Wilson extended the
check_certificates.pycommand to additionally return events people participated in
- Shubham Singh added “Notes” field to instructor profile update form
- Shubham Singh added new tag “hackaton”
- Greg Wilson removed command
- I enabled autogeneration of user’s username after they’re added to the database
- Nikhil Verma found and fixed “List duplicates” page error when no duplicates existed
- Chris Medrela found and fixed 404 page for revision that didn’t exist
- Greg Wilson fixed
- I fixed a 500 error appearing when user submitted incomplete form used for matching people’s names
- Maneesha Sane fixed minimal number of instructors required in our workshop request form
- I fixed API renderers (CSV, YAML) not iterating generators but displaying their textual representations
- I fixed instructors-num-taught report to include people’s names
- I fixed a small typo in the name of post-workshop survey for instructors (it was called “pre”)
- I made the emails case-insensitive
I fixed some 500 errors related to event importing.